About this course
This course is designed to provide the appropriate information and training necessary to those who carry out water management tasks as part of the organisation’s water management system.
On successful completion of the test users can download and print a certificate.
The course is RoSPA approved
The course lasts approximately 75 minutes.
Users are required to take a final test consisting of 10 default questions. The default pass mark is 70%
The course administrator within your organisation can:
- Change the pass mark
- Implement the random test question feature which selects 10 questions from a bank of 20.
- Can specify that more than 10 questions must be answered (up to the full bank of 20 questions)
The courses provides a useful introduction or a refresher for three audiences:
- Someone appointed as the dutyholder for Legionella, who needs to know how to manage the services of specialist companies providing water systems risk assessments and control schemes.
- Someone appointed by the dutyholder to be the responsible person with day-to-day responsibility for controlling identified risks
- Some asked to carry out some of the tasks within a control scheme which do not involve specialist testing. This includes any staff asked to take water tap temperatures or to flush infrequently used taps, and facilities or maintenance staff asked to carry out other work on water systems for which they have existing trade skills (for example, in relation to water storage tanks).
The course is not intended for someone asked to carry out a risk assessment of a water system, or to draw up a control scheme for a water system.
Describes how to identify the conditions that could result in people being exposed to legionella or other bacteria from water systems. Details how to carry out some basic water management tasks which make harmful levels of bacteria less likely. Describes how to recognise early symptoms of Legionnella and what to do.