Our Refund Policy
Standard 7 days cancellation policy after making the payment for a course and for any course material that is sent out to Customers (students). Cancellation must be done through our online cancellation form and any course material which customer/student has received, must be returned. Customer/Students are liable for all the cost incurred in returning the goods.
Please return you course material or goods to: 180c Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex, England, IG1 4LX
We recommend that the customer get a free proof of postage certificate from the post office or sends any parcel by recorded delivery as we can not be responsible for any item which never reached us back or those that are damaed in transit.
The refund will be issued by cheque following the above protocol or you can transfer it to another course;
Where an online course has been purchased and course material is sent to customer/student as as e-document pdf, we regret that no refunds can be made as the materials are non returnable.
Where a course has been purchased with a recognised third party provider,Cranbrook College are not responsible to issue any refunds and the policy of the organisation purchased from, is to be adhered to.
Advance tuition deposit refunds
Please note that under normal circumstances all refunds of advance deposits are non-fundable. However, at the discretion of the College if you pay your advance deposit but do not enrol, you may be able to get a refund of your deposit if:
- We cancel the programme for which your deposit was paid, and we are not able to offer you a satisfactory alternative; or
- You cancel within 14 days of paying the initial tuition fee (proof of the date that you sent the deposit will be required in the event of such a refund request).
Registration and Administration Fee:
When you request to cancel the admission for any reason, there is course registration and administration fee which in non-refundable in any event.
All other non-refundable charges
- a charge for the proportion of tuition hours delivered (at the date of the refund request) taken as a pro-rata of total course hours
- the College registration fee
- the identity card fee
- the car park charge (if appropriate)
- the fee for any examinations already entered
- a charge for any course materials issued
- any trip fees paid that cannot be reclaimed
- an administrative charge.
If you want to make an appeal against any aspect of our Refund Policy, you should do so in writing. Please address your appeal to our Finance department, and e-mail it to email@example.com We will then email you a refund appeal form to complete. Any appeals which relate to our refund policy must be made within six months of your official date of withdrawal from the College.